A comparison chart between Dyson V8 Absolute vs V8 Animal vacuum cleaner. Learn more about these products in term of specifications and features.
The Main Difference Between Dyson V8 Absolute and V8 Animal
The main difference is the V8 Absolute comes with the soft roller cleaner head designed for hard floors.
This soft roller cleaner head is made from soft woven nylon and anti static carbon fiber. And with those materials, the cleaner head works by maintaining a tight seal to the floor within turn to make it easier to picked up dirt and debris from the hard floors.
A Comparison Table of Specifications & Features
|Dyson Vacuum Cleaners|
|Dyson Vacuum Cleaners||V8 Absolute||V8 Animal|
|Model No.||Model # 214730-01||Model # RY802800|
|Check the model availability and the current price||Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner at Home Depot||Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner at Home Depot|
|The Main Difference|
|Dyson Soft Roller Cleaner Head.|
Engineered with soft woven nylon and anti-static carbon fiber, for hard floors.
|All The Common Specifications & Features|
|Weight||5.63 lbs||5.63 lbs|
|Height||9.8 in||9.8 in|
|Length||49 in||49 in|
|Width||8.8 in||8.8 in|
|Charge time||5 hrs||5 hrs|
|Cleaner head||Direct-drive cleaner head||Direct-drive cleaner head|
|Cyclone technology||2-Tier Radial cyclone||2-Tier Radial cyclone|
|Filtration||Washable lifetime filter||Washable lifetime filter|
|Suction power (MAX mode)||115 AW||115 AW|
|Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8||Yes||Yes|
|Run time (Powerful mode with non-motorized cleaner-head)||40 mins||40 mins|
|Run time (Powerful mode with motorized cleaner-head)||25 mins||25 mins|
|Two power modes|
MAX mode: for up to 7 minutes of high power
Powerful mode: for longer cleaning.
|Whole machine HEPA filtration||Yes||Yes|
Two tools in one, for simple switching between surfaces.
|Crevice tool |
Designed for precise cleaning around edges and narrow gaps.
|Mini motorized tool|
Motorized brush bar tackles animal hair and ground-in dirt, in tight spaces.
|Easily reaches up high|
Lightweight and ergonomic to clean high-up places with one smooth motion.
|Quickly transforms to a handheld|
The Dyson V8 changes to a handheld vacuum and back again, in just one click.
|No-touch bin emptying|
No need to touch the dirt just push the button to release it.
|2 Tier RadialTM cyclones|
15 small cyclones create strong centrifugal forces, to capture microscopic dirt.
Stores and recharges your Dyson V8 vacuum, so its always ready for use.
|Certified asthma & allergy friendly®|
Traps allergens inside the machine, instead of expelling them back into the home.
|Quick Release Motorhead||Yes||Yes|
|Quick Release Combination Tool||Yes||Yes|
|Quick Release Mini Motorhead||Yes||Yes|
|Quick Release Crevice Tool||Yes||Yes|
|Quick Release Soft Dusting Brush||Yes||Yes|
|Check Price and HomeDepot's Customer Reviews|
|Check the model availability, the current price and customer reviews||Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner at Home Depot||Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner at Home Depot|
Dyson V8 Absolute and V8 Animal
Both of these models are the same machine with the exact run time and suction power. The main difference is that the V8 Absolute comes with the soft roller cleaner head designed for hard floors.
Both models shared the common features of Dyson V8 technology that incorporated to both machines.
Dyson V8 Absolute and V8 Animal Run Time
- The run time for V8 Absolute and V8 Animal is depending to which mode is selected either standard mode or MAX mode.
- When the standard mode is selected, the run time is about 25 minutes with the motorized cleaner head attached. 30 minutes run time with the soft roller cleaner head or mini motorized tool attached. And with 40 minutes with non-motorized tools attached
- When the standard MAX mode is selected for tougher jobs, the run time become significant lower which is up to 7 minutes.
Note: As we all know that the V8 do not have a feature where you can easily swap out the battery when it running out of power. Once the power is ran out, you need to recharge the machine and it will take 5 hours to fully recharge.
User Reviews on V8 Absolute
Based on our personal research and analysis of reviews that has been posted publicly at Home Depot website, we list here some of major points to help you better understand the pros and cons about the products.
- Light weight and really easy to maneuver
- You can mount the charger or base (docking) to the wall.
- It is convenient (to operate)without a cord.
- Great suction power
- The battery pack is not made to be easily modular/removable as can be seen in other cordless devices. People believe the battery should be made for easy swapping with the fully charged battery once the first one is ran out of power.
- The battery run time is per Dyson advertised but wish this battery lasted longer.
To read all the customer reviews as per publicly published please visit:
- Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner at Home Depot
- Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner at Home Depot